Write Your Life, Change Our World
Award-winning author, publishing consultant and blogger Belinda Pollard and mumpreneur and author Tanya Arnold lead this one day workshop to provide you with all the encouragement, tools and strategies you need to turn your own story into a book that gets read, recommended and remembered.
What you’ll gain from this workshop
- Clarity: why you’re writing, what you’re writing, and who you’re writing it for.
- Confidence: discover why you are the best person to write the unique book that lives inside YOU, and how to get started.
- Commitment: how to tackle writer’s block, find the time in a busy schedule, and create a plan of action for getting your story out there.
What you’ll learn
- The value in writing your story
- How to recognise “the unexpected story”
- How to access your own knowledge, wisdom and passion
- Seven ways a memoir is like a novel
- Techniques for getting the content together
- How to find the time to write.
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is designed specifically to help people who are writing or want to write:
- inspirational memoir that helps or encourages people in some way
- a self-help book with elements of personal story.
It is most useful for people at these stages of writing:
- not started yet, or don’t know where to start
- some writing done, but having trouble finding the right way forward
- quite a lot of writing done, but it feels like a mess, or there’s too much of it, or the whole thing feels like a wrestling match.
We can also run workshops for people at a more advanced stage of the process to help them add polish and focus, but this particular workshop is designed to benefit the beginner, or those who lack confidence.
About the Presenters
Award-winning novelist, publishing consultant and blogger Belinda Pollard started with a few amusing stories about a dog which evolved into a book of encouraging life lessons. Dogged Optimism: Lessons in Joy from a Disaster-Prone Dog won Bronze in the Foreword Reviews Indiefab awards and was a finalist in the Next Generation Indie Book Awards. It is an Amazon bestseller.
Young mum and entrepreneur Tanya Arnold has turned a love of food, animals and helping people into an extraordinary recipe book, Pupcakes, that has been commended by internationally-renowned authors.
Contact us if you would like to host a workshop.